General practice is becoming increasingly complex, competitive and financially orientated. We are obliged to meet numerous targets, engage with the wider health economy and regularly expand and improve our services - often with a limited budget.
At TRS we take the view that clinicians should be just that - clinical specialists who are able to concentrate on medicine, clinical developments and the care of our patients.
For this reason, from June 2017 we radically redesigned the way in which our practice works.
Dr Klaus Koch has now become Managing Partner of the practice, with Trudy Dye being responsible for the day to day running of the practice in her role of Operations Manager.
Tracey Mann has taken on the role of Finance Manager and is therefore responsible of the business and financial areas of the practice.
We have a 'Business Meeting' at 8.00 a.m. twice a month to review our strategies, report on practice based commissioning activities and for financial updates.
One of the fundamentals of running a successful business is communication. To this end we've tried to improve our systems and have a series of regular meetings for relevant team members. These include:
- Referral Management Meeting (early morning one per month, all GP's)
- Clinical and Palliative Care Meeting (All GP's, District Nurses, Palliative Care Specialist, All Staff.)
- Nurse Meeting (lunchtime, every week, all Treatment Room Team) Admin Meeting (every month, all Reception Team and Administration Staff)
- Managers (lunchtime, every week, all Managers and Reception Team Leader)
- Team Training (regular sessions for everyone who works at TRS)
- Business Meeting (early morning, twice a month, all Partners, Operations Manager and Finance Manager).
The minutes (some are extracts) from all the meetings are available to every member of the practice team.