NHS Mid Norfolk is a locality of the larger South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group . We were directed by the Primary Care Trust to join a larger group in 2012. Dr. Antonio Penart (who was a partner in this practice until 31.10.13.) was elected to the Board of SNCCG and represented our locality on that Board.
South Norfolk CCG is very keen to help patients learn more about their work. To download their information leaflet click here .
NHS Mid Norfolk is the Mid Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group which currently comprises:-
- Mattishall & Lenwade Surgeries
- Orchard Surgery, Dereham.
- Theatre Royal Surgery, Dereham
- The Elmham Group of Surgeries (Elmham, Swanton Morley & Toftwood)
A clinical commissioning group basically means that local practices are able to look at the local health needs of our practice populations and try to commission an appropriate service locally. South Norfolk CCG has 23 constituent practices and covers an area from Loddon and Beccles to Diss to Thetford plus our mid Norfolk boundary.
At present mid Norfolk locality has a 'Board' representation of up to one clinician and one practice manager per practice. These people feed back to the other board members the views of their practices.
Examples of services that have been/were commissioned by the locality:
- practice based psycho-therapeutic counselling
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease management training for practice clinical teams
- members of the national integrated care organisation pilot scheme
- at present we are working with secondary care to appoint a Consultant Community Geriatrician
- care of the frail and elderly
In addition to the services, in mid Norfolk locality the practices set goals for clinical referral management - this involves looking at referrals and how they are done, examining problems that may have occurred with hospital treatment or discharge and GPs meeting regularly with hospital consultants to improve the care pathways for patients.